Bus information for students living in Ridgefield is provided by First Student, Inc. In the event that your child's bus is late and you want to check-in, you may call First Student at 203.431.2924. Bus routes and pick up times are no longer posted publicly. Please check with First Student with any questions.
Residents of New York State who live within 15 miles of SMS may also be eligible for busing provided by their local bus company.
Saint Mary School follows the Ridgefield Public School's decisions related to school closings, delays, and early dismissals. These decisions are made early in the morning and are publicized in a variety of ways.
- SMS Principal will send an email blast message to all SMS parents as soon as she is notified of a decision.
- You may sign up to receive an email blast directly from the Ridgefield Superintendent of Schools by clicking here.
- The following local TV stations will report on school closing information in their broadcasts and some of these stations will also report the closings on their websites:
Channel 3 - WSFB
Channel 8 - WTNH
- The Ridgefield Press lists closings on its website.
- New York residents who receive bus service to Saint Mary School should check with their local school district (Brewster or Katonah) and/or bus company to see how a school closing or delay will impact their service.
When a two-hour delay is called, students in K - Grade 8 may arrive at school beginning at 9:10 a.m. and classes begin at 9:30 a.m. PK4s and TK will begin at 10:30 a.m. and PK3s will begin at 10:45 a.m. Half-day students are invited to remain for the remainder of the day. Before care is available beginning at 9:10 a.m.
When a 3-hour delay is called, students in K - Grade 8 may arrive at school beginning at 10:10 a.m. and classes begin at 10:30 a.m. PK4s and TK will begin at 11:30 a.m. and PK3s will begin at 11:45 a.m. Half-day students are invited to remain for the remainder of the day. Before care is available beginning at 10:10 a.m.