Skip to Content
- ELA: Introduction of pre-reading skills -- focuses more heavily on the phonemic piece of literacy, rather than identification and recognition; emphasis on lowercase letters, blending of sounds that create small words, and understanding how vowels help connect sounds together while blending words
- Writing Workshop: A scaffolding process beginning with writing basic sight words, progressing onto completing small writing passages
- Mathematics: Achieving mastery of number identification, quantity recognition, 1-1 correspondence, introduction to addition and subtraction skills, problem-solving, and pre-algebra concepts
- S.T.E.M. (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics): Continuation of scientific thinking with an emphasis on experiments, observing changes, recording and understanding those changes, as well as introducing the Scientific Method
- Participate in Specials Classes - Music, Art, World Language, Physical Education, and Library
- A comprehensive Portfolio will be assembled for your child, which will highlight and celebrate his or her progress and growth throughout the year.
- Daily notes will be posted on the bulletin board to provide parents with a list of our activities. Monthly newsletters will be distributed to provide lesson plans and information about classroom themes and activities.