Saint Mary School is committed to academic excellence, a strong faith based education, and a nurturing community environment where students thrive intellectually, spiritually and socially.
Positive School Climate
- A very positive school climate lets students know they are cared for and loved within a nurturing and respectful community. In turn, students are accountable for supporting this positive environment and are guided in making good choices.
- The Buddy Program fosters a strong bond between older and younger students, building relationships that provide guidance, role models, and friendship to younger students while encouraging mentorship and leadership skills in older students.
- Social and self-esteem topics are addressed via regular speaker programs for students, faculty and parents.
Competitive Sports Program
- Good sportsmanship and team play are encouraged through a competitive can sports program both in our state-of-the-art gymnasium and at partner school facilities.
- All K-8 students can participate in Track Meets through the Danbury Parochial League.
Diverse After-School Programs
- Academics are enriched through after-school programs offered several times throughout the year including: Art, Chess, Come Out and Play (Drama), Calling All Scientists, Engineering, Baking/Cake Decorating, Legos, American Girl Dolls, Cheerleading, Breaking in the Gym, Service Club, Tennis, Martial Arts, Writing Labs and more. In addition, SMS has an enthusiastic Student Government, Student Newspaper and Scouting program.
Active Parent Community
- Parents play a key role in the school's success and forge strong relationships with teachers, staff and other families.
- The School Advisory Board and Home School Association (HSA) are both led by parents.
- Parent volunteers actively participate in the daily life of the school as library assistants, open house guides, reading group leaders, class parents, field trip chaperones, and mystery readers.
- All parents are members of the HSA, which sponsors annual events including a Back to School Ice Cream Social and Parents Coffee, Moms' Night Out, Dads' Night Out, Father-Daughter Dance, Mother-Son Bowling, Golf Outing, and Spring Gala.
183 High Ridge Avenue Ridgefield CT 06877 203-438-7288