We Challenge Students to Grow
Students are part of an environment that encourages academic curiosity and provides children the support and confidence to reach their highest potential.
- Our teachers set high expectations for learning and growth. We recognize that not every student learns the same way, and that every student comes to us with a unique set of skills and challenges.
- Our curriculum, which meets or exceeds State Standards, includes religion, language arts, math, science, social studies, technology, Spanish, French, art, music, and physical education.
- SMS was named a National Blue Ribbon School by the US Department of Education in 2010. This prestigious award places SMS among the top 10% of schools in the nation.
- Our students consistently score well above average on standardized tests, leading to our recent Excelsior Award, which recognizes the top test scores in the Diocese of Bridgeport.
- Our teachers regularly participate in ongoing professional development.
- Our teachers are trained in Differentiation, and can tailor instruction to students who are above or below grade level in a particular subject. Learning Specialists are available for one on one or small group instruction.
- We are increasing our STEM (science / technology / engineering / math) programs across all grade levels.
- We partner with NASA for Middle School Science programs.
- Our students become confident public speakers, due to many opportunities, both formal and informal to develop presentation skills.
Welcome to Saint Mary School, a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, Preschool - Grade 8
Academics for a lifetime… faith for all eternity.
183 High Ridge Avenue
Ridgefield CT 06877