We Celebrate Our Faith
What makes SMS different from other great schools is that we actively celebrate our faith, and are grounded in love and values.
- We encourage children to develop a personal relationship with God and expose them to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- We begin each day with a morning prayer and a decade of the Rosary, and end each day with a closing prayer. Many of the prayers are written by our own students.
- The entire SMS community celebrates First Friday Mass, Holy Day Masses, and the Sacrament of Reconciliation throughout the year.
- Our students have daily religion classes, including sacrament preparation.
- We instill in our students the values of compassion, kindness, and service to others through projects such as food drives, coat drives, and visits to senior centers.
- We bring older and younger children together through our Buddy Program, creating relationships that provide guidance, role models, and friendship for our younger students while helping older students mature by taking initiative and serving in leadership roles.
- SMS welcomes families of all faiths, and believe it is important for children to recognize there are different places and ways to pray. All students are expected to show respect and courtesy to themselves and to others.
Welcome to Saint Mary School, a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, Preschool - Grade 8
Academics for a lifetime… faith for all eternity.
183 High Ridge Avenue
Ridgefield CT 06877